Handle Antibiotics With Care
Antibiotic resistance happens when bacteria change and become resistant to the antibiotics used to treat the infections they cause. This is compromising our ability to treat infectious diseases and undermining many advances in medicine.
We must handle antibiotics with care so they remain effective for as long as possible.
What You Can Do
- Only use antibiotics when prescribed by a certified health professional
- Always take the full prescription, even if you feel better
- Never use left over antibiotics
- Never share antibiotics with others
- Prevent infections by regularly washing your hands, avoiding close contact with sick people and keeping your vaccinations up to date